Change your diet for better health and skin
Everyone is interested in a healthy diet but we all probably eat a normal diet.
Convenience is the issue as food at the office, events, and at cafeterias cannot be escaped, so we indulge in pasties, meats, salt, sugar, processed foods, and coffee.
So even if we want to make a change it seems impossible. To make a change you need to be prepared and you need time to transition into a healthy diet that will improve your skin, health, and life.
To improve your skin, mood, and overall health, there is 8 specific things we can change about our diet and you will probably lose some weight too.
- Stop the sugar and pastry intake and eat some lemons and berries. Sugar and refined grains are major weight gain, skin, and health problems. Sugar destroys collagen in your skin and causes wrinkles. Berries and lemons are high in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory factors that we need for better skin.
- Half of your plate needs to be steamed or fresh vegetables. Half of your portions need to be a salad or steamed veggies. This is just a start and the best will be to eventually make your entire meal healthy. The half will fuel your body with antioxidants, anti-inflammatory and heart-healthy agents, that will make you feel and look better.
- Say goodbye to milk and cheese. We all love cheese, so we know this is hard but if you can cut down on the cheese eating it will be of benefit. When it comes to skin dairy is not beneficial – skim milk is strongly associated with acne and the salt in cheese causes your face to swell. Cheese also contributes to skin aging.
- More Nuts and Seeds. They are good for the skin as they contain omega-3’s that are important for keeping moisture in the skin. Moisture will prevent dryness and skin aging. Eat the nuts in plain form and not salted or carnalised, plain raw or even slightly roasted nuts are a perfect health and beauty snack.
- Eat less meat, instead add more fatty fish to your diet. Add more Omega-3’s and protein to your diet by eating fish instead of meat, this will also reduce the levels of saturated fat that we normally get by consuming meat. Fish is also rich in vitamin B12, selenium, and some vitamin D.
- Day starter = Lemon water and Not Coffee. Coffee is a beauty killer, there is no beauty benefits to drinking coffee. Coffee dehydrates your body and your skin and prevents the absorption of many beauty minerals and vitamins, which can lead to brittle nails and hair loss. Lemon water will hydrate your body, activates detoxifying enzymes in the liver and help build more collagen. Consider it as part of your beauty routine.
- Replace refined grains with whole grains. Whole grains contain more fibre and the minerals iron and zins that is important for beauty and whole grains will help you lose weight.
- Eat more legumes. Legumes offer lots of health and beauty benefits and will help you lose weight, they clean out toxins thanks to fibre and are loaded with iron and protein, both important for beautiful skin.
Start today and try one change per week. You will need some preparation and some planning on what to buy and not to buy. As soon as you start to know whole foods, you will start loving it. Adding beauty foods and removing ugly foods one by one, you will start craving beauty foods.